Soli Deo Gloria-Glory to God
How are we to bring Glory to God? From the archives-the end of our pride.
Glory to God in all Things
Five Ways to give Glory to God
- Glorified in Justification: When God, through faith in His Son Jesus Christ, justifies the wicked solely through His mercy and grace He is glorified. It is none of us and all of Him, not by works of righteousness lest any one should boast, that we are saved and in this salvation the glory of God shines forth.
- Our Calling: We must find importance in who we are in Christ and not who we are in and of ourselves. No matter where we find ourselves or who we think we are we have nothing to glory in save the name of Christ. We have nothing to offer and can only receive and be faithful with the gifts God as our Creator has bestowed upon us. This not only in the spiritual gifts ( pastoring, teaching, evangelizing, etc) which are integral for the health and growth of the body, but also our chosen vocation in life. God has truly blessed every believer with certain talents and instilled in them the desires to perform various jobs related to these talents. We are created in Christ for good works both inside the church and out and our vocation should glorify God.
- Worship: God is glorified in how we as a corporate body choose to conduct our time of worship together. We must honor Him in the reading of the Word, public confession of faith, and the hymns and spiritual songs that we sing unto Him. Our time together would be well spent if worshipping Him in spirit and truth were a priority instead of entertainment. The music should always be Christ centered and the the worship should be vertical and not horizontal. If our songs emphasize us instead of Him we have missed the mark and glorified the creature above the Creator and we should take heed as God will not share His glory with others.
- Our Marriages: Men we need to love our wives as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself for it and women must submit in love to your husbands as he is the head of the house as Christ is the Head of the Church. A true Biblical understanding of love and submission honors both parties and glorifies God who has ordained marriage between a man and woman as a symbol of Christ’s relationship with the Church. As God is honored in the marriage so will He be glorified through us in this world that so often mocks and ridicules the things that God loves.
- Relationships: Our walk in this world must be seasoned with salt and full of light. Salt is both a preservative and flavorful and as such we are to strive to preserve our culture from moral decay ( not a form of moralism which cannot save ) and build the friendships that God would want us to have. The Light of the World lives within us and this Light both illumines our path and draws people to Him. God will be glorified when we testify of Him and His goodness and love both our brothers and enemies.